12.12.2007

more christmas gifs

I have completed a couple more Christmas gifts. First is the garter stitch scarf for my cousin. Using two skeins of Patons SWS it turned out to be approximately 7" wide x 54" long. I think it's a decent length, and it's very soft and comfortable to wear.


Secondly, I've started and completed a half moon shawl for my Grandmother. This is a crochet pattern from the Lion Brand website. It was a quick and easy project, perfect for this time of the year when trying to get gifts out. I used Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds "Sea Ice" and a size N crochet hook. I may pick up a shawl pin to enclose with it if I find one in my travels.
I almost had Dan's Dashing mittens completed, however I completely lost gauge. I started the mittens when my knitting was really tight and I ended the second one as I was becoming more comfortable and creating looser stitches. Well, the second mitten completely flared out at the end, not matching the first, and not being snug to the hand. So, I ripped back to the cables and I'm attempting to knit the last rows tighter.

Next up on my gifting list is a one skein scarf for my brother's fiance. Hopefully this will be a quick crochet pattern like the shawl.

No comments: