11.25.2007

first socks!

I've completed my first pair of socks! They are for my mother for Christmas. She's always cold and loves wearing um...festive...socks. So I think she'll really appreciated them :) I knit them from Patons Classic Wool Merino "Regency" on size 8 dpns.

I've also started a garter stitch scarf as a gift for my cousin. I'm using Patons SWS "Natural Earth". I love the feel of this yarn, and I love that it's a blend of wool and soy. It has a tendancy to split so I need to keep watch. I initially tried it on size 8 needles and liked the results, however I thought I'd experiment with size 11's and loved the modern chunky texture that was created. I felt that the mixture of the muted colors with the soft, but chunky texture resulted in a perfect scarf to be given to a gay man :)
In other news, I completely frogged my Koolhaas hat. I don't think I'm doing the Kbtl correctly. It just comes out as a bunch of bumps without any real pattern. Oh well, I guess I need to do some more research and come back to it.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi. Stumbled onto your blog from Michael's. Beautiful socks. Your mom will love them. Nothing says I love you better than warm hands and feet.