11.16.2007

project update

Today I thought I'd share with you some of my recently finished projects as well as ones I am currently working on. The very first item that I decided to make is a camoflouge messenger bag from Bernat. It's going to be a Christmas present for my sister. I have yet to apply the webbing and buckles, once that is complete I will share some photos.

The first item I completed was a waffle dish cloth. Ok, so it sounds lame, but let me explain. First, we needed more dish cloths. Second, it allowed me to practice a new crochet techinque. Third, my grandmothers made their dish cloths and it helped me to feel a certain connection to them. In fact, I used Sugar 'N Cream cotton yarn, one that I know my great-grandmother and grandmother used often. I opted to crochet mine in colorway Hot Green. Third-and-a-half, hand-made dish cloths make the kitchen feel more "homey". I plan on making a few more, with coordinating dish towels.


Two other recently completed projects are beanies for my partner and myself. I made his from Lions Brand Cotton-Ease in black, doubling up the yarn to create a heavier stitch. If you can tell from the picture, his has ribbing going down the sides. Mine is a modified version of that, with no ribbing, made from Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in colorway "Earthy Brown Tweeds".



current projects ::



my so-called scarf :: men who knit kal : manos del uruguay "quail" : size 11 needles


dish cloth :: sugar 'n cream "summer splash"


shopping bag :: lily free pattern : sugar 'n cream "swimming pool" : size g crochet hook


No comments: